In this article, i will be guiding you on how to create Jamb Profile for 2019 Registration, so read till the end. It is a must that every candidate wanting to sit for Jamb 2019/2020 Exams must have a profile.
Currently, the JAMB official website and registration method has changed. You now have to register or create a profile with JAMB and then proceed to get JAMB E-Pin before you are allowed to do any registration.
Your admission status checking, examination center checking, plus your result printing beginning from Jamb 2019 will be done using your Jamb profile.
How to Create JAMB Profile
If you have already successfully created a profile on the official JAMB portal, you may be required to create another profile because there is usually a UNIQUE CODE that is sent to every new profile created at this time”.
“This UNIQUE CODE is what you are expected to take to the CBT Centre during registration. Whether JAMB will make this code available for existing profiles, we don’t know at this time. We may just have to wait until registration begins, to be guided on how existing profiles can get their own UNIQUE CODE.
We advice you to use a Computer in creating your Jamb profile, in any case you are to use a mobile phone do not make use opera mini.
- The first step is to validate your email address on the JAMB portal. To do this, click here.
- Fill in your email in the first two spaces provided, then select a question and type a secret answer in the last 2 spaces. The secret question and answer will be required if you forget your password to your profile on the JAMB portal, so ensure you always remember your selected question and the corresponding answer you typed.
- Then click “Verify Email”. A link will be sent to your email.
- 4: Open your email and find an email sent from “[email protected]”. The email should be titled “eMail Address Confirmation”.
- Open the email and click the link that says “Click here to continue your Profile Creation”. If you are unable to click on the link, ensure the email is not in your SPAM/JUNK folder. If it is, move it into your inbox to access the link.
- PLEASE NOTE: There is also a UNIQUE CODE that was sent to you in that email. Please ensure you do not delete that email or you can copy the unique code to somewhere safe. You will be needing this code when you go to register at the CBT Centre.
- Fill in all the information as provided by the form. Your surname, first name, middle name, date of birth (day, month & year), your phone number, nationality, state, LGA and Password to your profile.
- Please ensure you crosscheck all the above information, because if you don’t, it may cost you to change it in future.
- Once you are sure of all the above information, click on “Sign Up”.
- That’s all, your profile will be created immediately. You should see a message that says “Your Account Creation Was Successful.”
- You can click on “Proceed to Login” to access your new profile.
How to Create JAMB Profile With Mobile Phone Via SMS
- Sends your Surname, First Name & Middle Name (where applicable). This should be maximum of 38 characters + 2 spaces between names = 40 characters in all to JAMB short code of 55019
- One cell number (mobile number) can be used by one candidate only
- A confirmation code of 10 characters is received by the candidate on the same telephone number which will be used to procure the ePIN
How to correct a mistake in Jamb Profile
In case you made some errors in creating your jamb profile, follow the procedures below to correct them.
- To correct a mistake in candidate’s name, resend a text message (from the registered number) “CORRECT Surname First name Middlename” to 55019
- To retrieve a lost confirmation code, resend a text message (from the registered number) “RESEND” to 55019.
Guidelines to Create JAMB Profile.
The following steps will help you create Jamb profile successful.
- Visit the Jamb Official portal via this link www.jamb.org.ng
- Close to the Post registration facility, you will see a button to login.
- Click on login.
- A new page will open.
- Click on the create new account button to begin your Jamb profile creation.
- You will be required to verify your email.
- Click on select to choose a security question from the drop down menu. E.g, what is the name of your first boy friend.
- In the last two spaces (Secret question answer), enter the same answer. If your first boyfriend is/was Isaac, write it in the last two spaces and click on verify.
- You will see a dialogue box requesting you to verify your email. If the box shown to you is not exactly like the one below, it means your email has issues. Create and verify a new email before creating your Jamb profile.
- Log in to your email and confirm it. If you don’t find the mail under updates, check your spam folder. If you still can’t find it, relax. Sometimes it takes time to arrive.
- Click on the link that JAMB will send to you to continue the registration.
- After that, you will be required to fill in the following details: Name, surname, email, password and dob, etc.
- If you don’t have an email yet, create an email account now.
- Then create the account.
- After the account creation, login to view your Jamb Profile.
- Begin to observe the profile
Feel free to share this to friends and family, and don’t forget to drop your comment below.
Reply using the Comment box below. What’s your take on this? I urge you to use this same opportunity to share this information across to others using our Facebook, twitter or Google+share button below.
Copyright Warning: SchoolNewsMedia does not claim ownership of this Content.