It has come to our notice that a lot of people do make mistakes in their name when registering for 2019 JAMB CBT. That’s why we made this post (Jamb correction of names) to show you how to correct your name in Jamb after the registration. The registration for the 2019 UTME is currently ongoing, and we understand that some candidates may have made some errors during JAMB registration.
The good news is that you can now correct your data using the JAMB Short Code (55019).
Note – That this request can only be done using the mobile number used to create your JAMB profile
How to Correct Your Name in JAMB After Registration With Mobile.
To correct your name that is on your JAMB registration form, send the correct SURNAME, FIRST NAME, MIDDLE NAME as a text message to the USSD, 55019. (eg; UCHE, ADAMU, SHOLA to 55019. Remember this request has to be done using the mobile number used while creating the profile.
Correction of Data – Correction of Names
Read the instructions carefully.
- You shall be required to create a profile via the Sign Up (New User) Page if you are a new user. For existing users, simply type in your login details. To create your profile, you will provide your valid email address, surname, first name, Mobile No, State and LGA of Origin and password, then click on the Sign Up button. Each candidate is entitled to only one profile.
- Subsequently, you shall use your email address and password to sign in.
- Once logged in, you will be taken to the landing page where you will see all available services.
- Select “Correction of Data”. This is available on the side bar
- Once selected, the menu item “Names” will be revealed. Click this.
- Once you select this service, a Transaction ID is generated for this service. This will be displayed on the confirmation page screen.
- Review the details displayed on the Confirmation Page. Also, note the Transaction ID displayed in a bold red font. The Transaction ID is useful for all future references concerning the Transaction. A copy of this transaction ID will be sent to your registered email address.
- Click on the Continue button if you wish to pay with your card immediately. If you wish to use other payment channels like ATM, Cash at the Bank or Quickteller, please note the transaction ID as it will be required.
- On the Interswitch Payment page, enter your card details and click on the Pay button.
- The status of your payment will be displayed on the “My Payment Section” An SMS and email containing your unique Transaction Identification and payment status will be sent to you after payment. Click on the Continue button.
- Once payment is completed, you will be asked to provide the following:
- Year of Exam and
- JAMB Registration Number
- After entering the information correctly, your details will now appear.
- Please provide the new information in the boxes provided.
- After submission, an Indemnity Form will be displayed for printing.
- This is to be filled and taken to your institution for Approval.
- Your institution will be responsible for submission of the approved form to the JAMB state office.
- Once received, the Approved form will be uploaded to your profile. You will receive a notification when this is done.
- JAMB will now process your application. If Approved, your details will be changed as requested
To get started click the link Jamb Correction of Name.
Tell us what you feel about this article on Jamb correction of name.